Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little background information...

I was always a chubby guy, well at least I thought so.  People say I was never big but around 210lbs at 5'8" my junior year in high school I beg to differ.  End of junior year I had a wake up call and decided to limit my fluid intake only to water and to become physically active instead of active on the internet.  Three months later, some D.D.R mastery, and some weight lifting I became lean at 165lbs.  Senior year I was voted most changed since freshman year... great success!

Now let’s fast forward to '05.  I was working as a B-Level Technician at Nissan.  For nine hours a day I was lifting tires, engines, transmission, and suspension components for a living.  I ate whatever was in front of me during any meal and my weight never changed.  At that point I was a solid 180lbs.  I had gained 15lbs in muscle to adjust to the amount of labor I did every day.  Four years this went on without a second thought, I was in the best shape of my life.

2009 rolls in, I've been unemployed for a month.  Being a technician had it's drawbacks.  There was no salary or hourly, pay was based on the amount of work you produced/completed.  The thing is when someone hinders me from making the money I was capable of making, you start to hate your job.  November 2009 I decided to leave my life as a technician and pursue a job in an office.  I spent one month unemployed playing video games all day waiting for the job position in January to open up at a small business located in Bergen county.  The weight gain starts.


I basically went from burning 1200+ calories a day to eating that amount in one sitting WHILE sitting in a chair staring at a monitor all day.  I wasn't too concerned with my weight and just focused on working in this new career.  Summer of '09 I hit the 200lb milestone again... scary... but no big deal I've lost more weight before... I'll get around to it.  Wrong.


December 2009, I'm at 210lbs.  Okay i'll start working out now, but all these holiday meals are so great.  As long as I do my normal weight lifting I'll be fine.  Wrong.


2010 New Years Resolution - Get out of the house and the resorts where you inhale massive amounts of alcohol and food, and experience what the world has to offer.


March 2010.  I've been working out for 3 months maintained a weight of 210lbs with snowboarding as a weekend hobby.  Full body workout all weekend helped keep the weight at bay.


May 2010.  Shit I'm at 220lbs.  I have to do something about this.  MDW I ate so much food and drank till I was sick.  The gym is just getting payments from my bank account.  I've lost all motivation.  I need to do some soul searching I need to find that motivation.  I got it!


June 2010.  Cycling, whether it be mountain biking or road biking.  I used to ride my bike everywhere and anywhere everyday when I was a little teen, but once the world wide web became the source of all entertainment, information, and all I ever needed was just to drive to work.  That's changed now.


 

The first time I went mountain biking on a trail.  June 12, 2010.  I was at 220lbs easy.  I've been road biking for a week to raise my endurance and get my breathing down pat.  That week of training paid off that day, otherwise I would've been throwing up.
 

**All workout sessions include warm-ups and stretching to help elevate heart rate and loosen targeted muscle groups**
 

July 1st -   I realize I need more than just every other day cycling to help me out.  I decided on my leg recovery days I'll dedicate myself to the gym to keep my calories burning while I'm still in the office.
 

July 5th - Lewis Morris trail ride in the heat with Chavez -   http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207102467016784305848.00048ab97aad8ba9e0f75


July 6th - Chest - Incline Press (Free-weights), Incline Fly's (Free-Weights), Bench Press (Free Weights), Chest Fly's (Free-Weights), Biceps - Concentration Curls (Free Weight), Standing Curls (60lb Curl Bar), Abs - Whatever I can do. 3 sets of 20 reps of 3 different exercises. Bicycle Crunch, Reverse Crunch, Vertical Leg Crunch


July 7th
Road Biking at Garrett Mountain - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207102467016784305848.00048ad3ee83e0ad5e220







July 8th - Mountain Biking at Garrett Mountain with Missy.  An easy ride, didn't push too hard due to the previous day's workout.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207102467016784305848.00048ae9ea7557c5e88f0


July 9th - Back Workout - Pull-ups, Lat Pull-downs, Lat Pulls (Free-weight), Stiff Leg Dead-lifts (lower back), Lower Back Extensions, Tricep Workout


July 11th - Jungle Habitat in West Milford NJ.  Around 6 miles of technical trails were completed


July 12th - Morning Weigh in... 205lbs!!! I've lost 15lbs!!!




Warm up - 1 mile run on treadmill, then stretches


Leg Workout - Squates, Lunge Walks, Calf Raises, Hamstring Extensions


Cool Down - 1 Mile run, stretches


July 13th - 2 Laps, 4 miles at a steady jogging pace at Garrett Mountain.  1 lap of walking for cool down, then stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment