Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The weekend before the event.

Sunday August 8th, 2010


-View this route:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207102467016784305848.00048d554c0c3b3b247d2


View from Fort Lee Historic Park
Living Adventure in New Jersey -Meetup.com Group ride from Fort Lee - Central Park, via the George Washington Bridge and Greenway.  This was a nice C ride through the city into Central park.  The ride over the GWB and down the Greenway was probably one of the most exhilarating routes I've taken because of the views.  Once we got to the park we had a quick lunch and the leader of the group and I did two laps around the very crowded Central Park.  There were runners, hipsters, really tall kids on really small bikes swerving in and out not maintaining any lines.  We were still able to keep an average pace of 15+mph throughout even though overall our average moving speed was 10mph for the 33 mile round-trip.  That knee pain is attacking again, I raise my seat about 5mm to hope that it goes away.  The pain subsides for a while and only comes back when I pedal a weird angle.  I guess it was my seat height.  I'll ice this right away when I get home.
Balancing camera


This ride was a a nice change of pace for me.  I usually like exploring by myself but having people with me on this one changed the dynamic compared to my usual rides.


Even after, I rode up 9W for several minutes to see how all the people from the city connect to the GWB.  I was able to maintain 15+ mph for 12 miles until my legs started to get racked by cramps, damn I didn't drink enough or eat enough on the way back.  Even though I had refilled with my reserves I was just too lazy to fight through them and continue.  Time to head home and take care of my dog.
-View this route:http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207102467016784305848.00048d79201df164ad12e


Saturday August 7th, 2010


Helped a friend, http://www.wix.com/laozart/laozartmedia, with a photoshoot in High Point State Park in Sussex, NJ.  This is the most NW I've ever driven in NJ.  The landscape totally changes from a suburban area into farmland.  It was an awesome 1 hour ride to the park with views of cows and llamas and fruit/vegetable stands.  I learned that there is a lot in NJ, you just have to look for it.


This whole day was spent basically driving.  I filled the tank up in the morning and it basically ran out the end of the day.  I also had to drive to Central Jersey to drop off the girlfriend so she can help with a baby shower while I would ride around NYC.  The total weekend we clocked 300+ miles on the Subaru.  Somehow the car gods make me balance out all my bicycle miles with the car!


Friday August 6th, 2010


-View this route:http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207102467016784305848.00048d314416e6ccb7708


30 Mile Training Ride - Gone Bad. 1 mile into the trip some (enter expletive here) forced me to the side of the road and a rear flat tire resulted from that.  Spent the next 10 minutes O.C.D checking the tire for any foreign material so when the tube is inflated I'm not stuck with another flat.  Rode to the LBS in Clifton to get the tube checked out.  The owner Arty found the hole and I spent another 10 minutes patching it just in case.  I actually run into Frank that I met on one of my previous rides and he wishes me well!  It's so cool to know other people.  I notice my knee is feeling weird and I'm trying to figure out why.  Sharp pains just attack my right knee and it's annoying.  I stop for another 5 minutes in Montclair to adjust my cleat, maybe it's too far back.  I   complete a basic route without the loops and it came out to 22miles right when the sun set.  The knee still has that pain after 20 miles, very worrisome.


I've also invested in some supplements to help facilitate the longer rides.  I picked out the stuff that, from research, doesn't spoil while on a ride.  Mixed with Gatorade and water the Hammer Nutrition products taste amazing.  I really am happy with the purchase. 
www.HammerNutrition.com
Thanks for stopping by... on my Journey to Fitness.

1 comment:

  1. that view is amazing 1st of all...i wish i had as much endurance as u...lmfao ...but im too lazy...good job cuzz!! like i said 2 birds with 1 stone eh...<3

    ann

    ReplyDelete